Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique ‘IB Advantage’: a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
We are a strong community minded team at GNS with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens of character who will contribute to the world through their leadership, a commitment to service, and an understanding that we are all responsible for the future of our communities.
We are currently seeking exceptional candidates for the following opportunity starting September 2021:
Language Acquisition Teacher
MYP French / Spanish
Temporary, Full-time (1 year term)
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- collaboratively plan and deliver International Baccalaureate (IB) Units that incorporate the BC curriculum
- monitor and support student academic, co-curricular, and personal growth through a high level of pastoral care
- make an active contribution to our extensive co-curricular programs, and participate fully in the culture of our independent school community
- A valid BC teaching certificate (or eligibility to obtain)
- Experience teaching MYP French / MYP Spanish is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with, or knowledge teaching within, the BC curriculum
- Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team player
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents and colleagues
- A strong aptitude in differentiated learning styles and a passion for educating the whole student
- Demonstrated commitment to integrating technology purposefully to transform learning
- Strong knowledge of inquiry-based and project-based learning approaches
- A passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/myp-french-spanish-teacher?rcid=isabc
Application deadline: March 5, 2021 at 12:00pm.
This position will remain open until filled. If this posting is active on our website, we will continue to accept applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Glenlyon Norfolk School will only use and retain personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.