Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique ‘IB Advantage’: a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
We are a strong community minded team at GNS with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens of character who will contribute to the world through their leadership, a commitment to service, and an understanding that we are all responsible for the future of our communities.
Executive Assistant to the Senior School Principal
The Executive Assistant is responsible for overseeing the Senior School office and providing administrative support to the Principal, teachers and the senior school leadership team. This position provides exceptional service to a wide range of stakeholders in a manner that reflects the GNS values of truth, courage, caring, individuality and community. Demonstrating initiative and pride in performance, the successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced office setting and contribute positively to a respectful and productive work environment.
- Serves as the lead administrator for the Senior School performing administrative and secretarial assignments for the Principal and faculty;
- Manages the Principal’s calendar, schedules appointments, briefs them on the nature of meetings and upcoming activities; anticipates and prepares materials as needed;
- Manages teacher-on-call coverage and assignments; corresponds with all relevant parties and organizes orientation plans and the distribution of coverage materials;
- Keeps accurate records of staff absences and submits to payroll;
- Provides a warm, friendly and safe space for students and staff; responds to inquiries and serves as the primary point of contact for students and their families in the senior school;
- Assists in the preparation of reports, presentations and spreadsheets; prepares confidential correspondence and other materials;
- Prepares, edits and distributes announcements, information and other school related communications to ensure consistent presentation and messaging;
- Supports the senior school leadership team with ad hoc administrative duties and assists with the organization of various events and activities;
- Attends, transcribes and distributes minutes for staff meetings; orders and prepares refreshments and organizes maintenance requests where necessary;
- Provides first aid services to students and staff; coordinates any necessary documentation required;
- Oversees senior school accounts such as stationery and catering; distributes and tracks purchase orders;
- Arranges coverage for Reception, Student Records Officer and Middle School offices, as needed;
- Undertakes special projects and other relevant duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Completion of an Office Administration certificate or diploma
- Occupational First Aid certificate, or willingness to obtain
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in office administration, preferably in a school environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that fosters collaborative relationships with a diverse group of people.
- Highly responsive to the needs of others with an excellent aptitude for delivering exceptional service.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, including technical and word processing skills
- Strong judgement and the ability to discern what issues should be escalated to the Principal’s attention
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines in an environment faced with regular interruptions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, combined with the skills to thrive in a team-based environment.
- Willingness to attend various school events, as necessary.
- Strong proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Mac, an asset.
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by October 12, 2020. Application website: https://easyapply.co/job/executive-assistant-287?rcid=isabc
This position will remain open until filled. As long as this posting is active on our website, we will continue to accept applications. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Glenlyon Norfolk School will only use and retain personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.