Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique ‘IB Advantage’: a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
We are a strong community minded team at GNS with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens of character who will contribute to the world through their leadership, a commitment to service, and an understanding that we are all responsible for the future of our communities. We are currently seeking exceptional candidates for the following opportunity:
Executive Assistant, Senior School
The Executive Assistant is responsible for overseeing the senior school office and providing administrative support to the Principal, teachers and the senior school leadership team. As part of this role, the Executive Assistant manages and coordinates teacher-on-call coverages and assignments for the Pemberton Woods campus. The successful candidate will provide a warm and welcoming space for students, staff and parents and exemplify a caring, can-do attitude in support of GNS’s mission and values. Demonstrating initiative and pride in performance, this role contributes positively to a respectful and productive work environment and facilitates strong professional relationships within the GNS community.
- Manage and organize the Principal’s calendar; schedule appointments and assist in the preparation of meetings and upcoming activities;
- Receive, respond to and assist in the resolution of various issues brought forward by parents, staff, teachers and students; ensure the Principal is well informed of all pertinent information;
- Assist with the preparation, editing and formatting of various communication pieces and outgoing correspondence to teachers, families and external bodies;
- Create and administer a wide array of spreadsheets and reports to support teachers, departments and PW leaders at various level;
- Support the senior school leadership team with the organization of various events and coordinate materials where required;
- Take and distribute minutes for monthly and weekly staff meetings;
- Provide administrative support to the IB Coordinator; assist with the coordination of IB essays and examination materials;
- Manage and coordinate all teacher substitutes/teacher-on-calls, coverage, and assignments for grades 6-12; maintain and update sub lists and ensure all pertinent paperwork is filed with payroll;
- Assist with maintaining an inventory of stationery and offices supplies, including supplies for campus copiers and postage machines; arrange service as needed;
- Provide support to the senior school office team; arrange coverage for reception, student records and the middle school office, as needed;
- Oversee senior school accounts; distribute and track purchase orders per Finance guidelines;
- Various other duties as necessary to ensure the senior school team is well supported.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will possess a friendly, empathetic and nurturing disposition, be patient, and understand the importance of community. You will be helpful by nature and believe no task is too small when it supports our students and teachers, and leads to the advancement of our mission, vision and values.
- Completion of an Office Administration certificate or diploma
- Five (5) years of experience in a high paced office environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Highly responsive to the needs of others with an excellent aptitude for delivering exceptional service.
- Must be results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that naturally results in strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as within a collaborative environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and constant interruptions.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, and a knowledge of relational database software and records management would be an asset.
- Occupational First Aid certificate, or willingness to obtain.
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/executive-assistant-senior-school?rcid=isabc
Application deadline: Friday, June 18, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Glenlyon Norfolk School will only use and retain personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.