Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique ‘IB Advantage’: a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
We are a strong community minded team at GNS with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens of character who will contribute to the world through their leadership, a commitment to service, and an understanding that we are all responsible for the future of our communities.
Alumni & Admissions Assistant
Temporary, Full-time (1yr maternity leave cover)
Start: November 2020
The Alumni & Admissions Assistant is charged with two similar areas of administrative support. They will assist in the organization of small, innovative and covid-compliant events to promote alumni and admissions engagement. This role will also provide support for other event functions as well as back-up reception duties for the Head of School. The job breakdown will be 40% alumni engagement, 40% admissions support and 20% event/reception support. The successful candidate will be organized, outgoing and customer-service focused. They will work as part of a broad team to support the school’s alumni engagement and admissions efforts in order to meet and exceed GNS’s fundraising and enrolment targets.
- Identify and research alumni ensuring accurate and complete database records; research and profile alumni backgrounds, capture contact, biographical and career information and maintain applicable notes.
- Forward donor profiles to the Advancement Services Manager when it appears that an alumni prospect meets the requirements to be a prospect for the capital campaign.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally with the purpose of engaging alumni and strengthening their connection to the School.
- Work with Marketing & Communications to ensure materials and various communication pieces are aligned with the GNS brand; manage the alumni email inbox, Facebook page, Linked-In and other social media platforms meant to engage alumni.
- Act as the first point of contact and be the face of the school for individuals seeking information about alumni activities.
- Support effective communications with alumni by managing the MYGNSConnects portal, as well as mail and/or email campaigns related to alumni engagement; produce mailing lists, respond to inquiries etc.
- Support the University Counsellors to create the systems and structure that will support a strong Mentor Program for GNS students.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Plan and organize the delivery of various covid-compliant targeted events such as open houses, parent events, orientations, agent events, and other activities to promote the School.
- Support the organizing of covid-compliant testing, interviews and student led tours and campus visits.
Participate in identifying strategies to best promote the School & communicate with prospective families.
- Work to support community partnerships to increase the school’s domestic outreach and neighbourhood relations.
- Organizing on-site and distance scholarship testing; invigilate, mark and evaluate admissions entrance tests.
- Assist with updating admissions and enrollment databases and tracking of relevant data and official documents, as per School policy.
- Provide support to the admissions team with managing inquiries about the school, as needed.
- Provide coverage for admissions and advancement staff.
Education and Experience:
- A University degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations and/or Communications or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in public relations, alumni and/or admissions.
- 1-3 years of experience planning events.
- Experience with using social media as a strategic communications tool.
- Experience or familiarity with private/independent schools, an asset.
- Experience in prospect research and using prospect research tools, an asset.
- Experience with volunteer management, an asset.
- Experience with fundraising databases, an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be an independent, results-driven self-starter, and highly motivated with a leadership and interpersonal style that fosters collaborative relationships.
- Responsive to the needs of others with an excellent aptitude for delivering exceptional service.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to engage a diverse group of alumni and other community stakeholders spanning multiple generations.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to build and implement programs and activities that will engage alumni and other community stakeholders.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices, an asset.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and a strong knowledge of relational database software, a strong asset.
- Familiarity with Mac, an asset.
- Must have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by Friday, October 23, 2020. Application link: https://easyapply.co/job/alumni-admissions-assistant-temp?rcid=isabc
This position will remain open until filled. As long as this posting is active on our website, we will continue to accept applications. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Glenlyon Norfolk School will only use and retain personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.