Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique ‘IB Advantage’: a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
We are a strong community minded team at GNS with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens of character who will contribute to the world through their leadership, a commitment to service, and an understanding that we are all responsible for the future of our communities. We are excited to announce the following opportunity to join our community:
Term: March 2021 – Oct 2022
(to cover an 18 month maternity leave)
Reporting to the Director of Enrolment, the Admissions Coordinator works as part of a team to oversee all aspects of the admissions process in order to meet or exceed the School’s enrollment targets. This position counsels and advises domestic and international families and agents regarding the admissions process and develops strong professional relationships with various constituency groups to effectively represent GNS and grow the School’s pool of qualified candidates.
- Receive and respond to incoming inquiries about the School and its programs; review, screen and process all applications and supplemental materials and provide exceptional service in a timely manner;
- Prioritize mission appropriate applications in support of the strategic plan to ensure diversity, gender balance and class size maximums;
- Work as a member of the Admissions Committee to determine student admissibility and whether adapted programs are required;
- Support the development and monitoring of statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting and operational efficiency;
- Participate in identifying strategies to best promote the School & communicate with prospective families;
- Organize testing, interviews and student led tours and shadow days; meet with families and schedule appointments with key personnel;
- Organize onsite and distance scholarship testing; invigilate, mark and evaluate admissions tests;
- Prepare all admissions related correspondence to agents and prospective families; and ensure all supplemental documentation is collected and fully completed;
- Perform recruitment travel to attend both domestic and international education events, agent/student fairs, and to meet existing and prospective families;
- Assist with managing the admissions and enrolment databases and track all relevant data and official documents, as per School policy;
- Work in close collaboration with the Registrar regarding new students, payments and all relevant files;
- Participate in and assist with Open Houses, parent events, orientations, agent events and other activities to promote the School;
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations and/or communications or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years experience in an admissions capacity, preferred
- Minimum three years experience in a high volume administrative support position
- Experience dealing with the international community, an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that fosters strong relationships with a diverse group of people
- Highly responsive to the needs of others with an excellent aptitude for delivering exceptional service
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning, organizational skills and the ability to manage a high volume of work
- Must be systems oriented with excellent attention to detail
- Empathy and sensitivity to other cultures and customs
- Ability to handle situations with tact and diplomacy
- Strong database management and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Google Suite
- Willingness to participate and assist in other areas of Advancement, when necessary
- Ability to speak a second or additional language(s), an asset
- Ability to perform some travel
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by Friday, January 29, 2021 by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/admissions-coordinator-78?rcid=isabc
This position will remain open until filled. As long as this posting is active on our website, we will continue to accept applications. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Glenlyon Norfolk School will only use and retain personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.