Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique ‘IB Advantage’: a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
We are a strong community minded team at GNS with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens of character who will contribute to the world through their leadership, a commitment to service, and an understanding that we are all responsible for the future of our communities. We are currently seeking exceptional candidates for the following opportunity:
Student Records Officer
The Student Records Officer is responsible for managing student academic records and supporting the Pemberton Woods campus with the accurate processing of all consent forms and required documentation related to student trips. This position provides exceptional service to a wide range of stakeholders and actively seeks to support a work environment that reflects the GNS values of truth, courage, caring, individuality and community.
Responsible for managing student academic records:
- Maintain record management systems in accordance with policies outlined by the school and the Ministry of Education;
- Produce and distribute transcripts for all grade 12 students for university applications and/or scholarships;
- Liaise with the University Guidance Advisors on transcript requests and class visits;
- Liaise with the IB Diploma Coordinator and Coordinator of Curriculum Leadership regarding graduation requirements, missing grades, and IB grade to percentage conversions;
- Track university applications for all grade 12 students to produce year-end statistics;
- Assist University Guidance Advisors with ordering and arranging the PSAT exam;
- Assist the Coordinator of Curriculum Leadership with registering students for Provincial assessments; and receive and store all in house final exams;
- Check student grades for accuracy prior to submitting data to the Ministry of Education;
- Provide timely information to the Ministry of Education for reporting purposes through TRAX uploads;
- Liaise with the Coordinator of Curriculum Leadership to track students’ external course credits and distance education courses;
- Store and provide appropriate access to highly confidential student documents;
- Update student records for incoming and outgoing student files; update permanent record cards;
- Answer queries regarding student records.
Responsible for managing consents:
- Collect, track and manage all consent forms and required documentation for Pemberton Woods campus;
- Prepare trip folders for athletics, clubs, external camps, and national/international trips;
- Support teachers and administration with clerical help regarding trips;
- Assist students and parents as it relates to consent forms;
- Archive consent forms annually and appropriately dispose of old consent forms as per retention requirements;
- Collect money for school trips/events; process and store related financial records.
Provide administrative support:
- Provide coverage for SS/MS reception as needed;
- Provide coverage for the Teacher-On-Call Coordinator as needed;
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Certificate in office administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years’ experience in a high paced office setting
- Three years’ experience in database and records management, with a strong knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets
- Must be results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that naturally creates strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as within a collaborative environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
- Highly responsive to the needs of others with an excellent aptitude for delivering exceptional service.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Possess a friendly, helpful disposition and an adaptable nature to support the team and other departments when needed.
- Ability to innovate processes and procedures for increased efficiency and long-term solutions.
- Proficiency in Google Suite.
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/student-records-officer-1?rcid=isabc
Application deadline: Friday, April 9, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Glenlyon Norfolk School will only use and retain personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.