Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique ‘IB Advantage’: a 21st-Century education that supports the whole child and creates global thinkers.
We are a community minded team at GNS with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens of character who will contribute to the world through their leadership, a commitment to service, and an understanding that we are all responsible for the future of our communities. We are currently seeking exceptional candidates for the following opportunity:
Executive Assistant to the Middle School Principal
(covering an 18month leave)
Reporting to the Middle School Principal, the Executive Assistant is responsible for all aspects of the Middle School office, providing reception, and both administrative and general support to the teachers, Principal, students and their families. This role is especially suited for someone who enjoys a varied workday, whether it’s consoling a student who’s had a hard day, supporting the teachers so they have one less thing on their plate, or keeping the Principal on track for a hectic week ahead. The successful candidate will provide exceptional service to a diverse group of people in a manner that reflects the GNS values of truth, courage, caring, individuality and community. The Executive Assistant will be a warm and friendly individual who is hard working, highly detailed and is energized by a fast paced office setting where positive and respectful relationships can thrive.
- Serve as the lead administrator for the Middle School performing a wide array of administrative and secretarial assignments for the Principal and teaching staff.
- Greet staff, students and visitors to the School; respond to inquiries and serve as the primary point of contact for students and their families.
- Prepare, proof and distribute announcements, information and other school related correspondence.
- Manage all aspects of the middle school attendance management system; and submit weekly whole school reports (JK-12) to the Ministry of Education.
- Take and distribute minutes for monthly MS staff meetings, and weekly “huddles”.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office and First Aid supplies; manage and order all school supplies for teachers and their classrooms within budgetary guidelines.
- Act as First Aid Attendant for the Middle School; assess injuries and call parents or emergency personnel as appropriate; monitor student medical documentation
- Collect forms and payments for school events, co-curriculars and other activities and prepare deposits for Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare purchase orders, cheque requisitions and maintain credit card receipts; and adhere to Finance guidelines for accurate and timely submission of paperwork.
- Manage the assignment of student lockers/locks and keycards and work with the Registrar to assign billing, where required.
- Manage and organize the Principal’s calendar; schedule appointments and assist in the preparation of meetings and upcoming activities.
- Organize and manage Parent-Student-Teacher interviews throughout the academic year and assist parents (6-12) with technical issues in managing bookings.
- Coordinate and administer the full cycle report card process for Grades 6-8 and work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Prepare, organize and distribute all correspondence for Grade 7 Foundation Skills Assessments; input grades, run reports and file records as per school policy.
- Create and administer a wide array of spreadsheets and reports to support teachers, departments and PW leaders at various levels.
- Work with the Coordinator, Curriculum Leadership on various tasks, including student timetabling and the creation of the MS exam schedule.
- Be a technical resource for staff in troubleshooting ManageBac and Blackbaud.
- Various other duties as necessary to ensure the middle school team is well supported.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will possess a friendly, empathetic and nurturing disposition, be patient, and understand the importance of community. You will be helpful by nature and believe no task is too small when it supports our students and teachers, and leads to the advancement of our mission, vision and values.
- Completion of an Office Administration certificate or diploma
- Five (5) years of experience in a high paced office environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Highly responsive to the needs of others with an excellent aptitude for delivering exceptional service.
- Must be results-driven, a self-starter, and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that naturally results in strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as within a collaborative environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, and a knowledge of relational database software and records management would be an asset.
- First Aid certificate, would be an asset
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments.
Application deadline: Friday, May 7, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.