Temporary, Full Time
Are you a new teacher candidate looking to jump-start your teaching career at one of Vancouver’s leading Independent Schools? If you are, this opportunity is for you! We are seeking an Associate Teacher to start on March 15, 2021 until the end of the 2021.22 academic year.
Our Associate Teacher program aligns with one of our key strategic goals which is to provide highly personalised and differentiated learning in all grades. To this end, we place Associate Teachers in every classroom from Grade 1 to Grade 3 and one Associate Teacher for each grade team from Grades 4 to 6. Through the implementation of effective co-teaching strategies, students will reap the benefits of a more personalised curriculum and our Associate Teachers reap the benefits of mastering their teaching skills under the mentorship of our exceptional lead teachers.
Mulgrave School is a world-class, innovative independent school located in West Vancouver, who is committed to providing an excellent academic programme from Pre-K through Grade 12.
Candidates will be expected to have:
- Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC
- Hold an age appropriate First Aid Certificate
Ideal candidates will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes, preferably and understanding of the primary years programme
- Experience teaching in a technology-rich environment
Mulgrave values candidates who demonstrate:
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, willingness to work with initiative and collaboratively.
- A caring professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the school’s mission & vision and are prepared to consistently model its values
The base salary for this position is $45,320 plus a $6,000 stipend for qualified teachers. This salary will be prorated for the remainder of the 2020.21 academic year.
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. For further information and a detailed job description, you are invited to visit our website at www.mulgrave.com.
Interviews will be on-going. Please apply by visiting https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs.
Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation. We thank all interested parties. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk.