Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are now seeking applicants for the role of Graphic Designer to start in July 2021.
The duties of the Graphic Designer are varied, but will focus primarily on building out Mulgrave’s internal and external communications and campaigns.
The Graphic Designer will be a talented creative, experienced in a variety of digital tools, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and passionate about visual storytelling. In this position, you will collaborate with the Communications team to strategically develop and execute internal and external marketing concepts and material. The ideal candidate is a stickler for details and deadlines, has experience with online communications and websites, and enjoys working with a team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Including but not limited to the following:
As the in-house Graphic Designer, you will:
- Develop creative campaigns and visual concepts to elevate Mulgrave’s ongoing marketing efforts.
- Design and create effective artwork, graphics, and layout for a variety of channels including web, print, mobile, and social media.
- Liaise with printing companies on deadlines, budget, formats, and print production elements such as stock, size, and colour.
- Manage projects by creating workback schedules, connecting with and guiding stakeholders, ensuring projects are kept on track, and monitoring the review process.
- Ability to be creative within an established brand.
- Collaborate with an in-house photographer on vision, deadlines, and photoshoot scheduling.
- Develop internal marketing collateral, such as:
- Programmes and pamphlets
- Web graphics
- Social media graphics
- Annual reports
- School magazine
- Event collateral – tickets, banners, etc.
- High level of proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Strong eye for design and detail oriented
- An in-depth understanding of the strategy behind robust marketing campaigns
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- A minimum of two years of directly applicable experience in graphic design and some experience with marketing
- Strong written communications skills, with particular emphasis on digital
- Strong oral communication skills, comfortable in groups and presentations
- Experience with social media
- Multimedia presentation experience, especially PowerPoint and video
- Experience with databases, MS Office, and content management systems
- Experience with mobile and web technologies would be an asset
- Post Secondary education in Graphic Design
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and detailed job description.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by April 25, 2021. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mulgrave.bamboohr.com.