Temporary position, Flexible hours
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are now seeking applicants for the role of French Language Assistant to start in August 2021.
The French Language Assistant is an intern/teacher assistant who will assist qualified teachers of French in educating students through conversational practise and the sharing of cultural knowledge.
- Provide additional support to various French Language classes, as assigned by the European Languages Coordinator
- Plan activities and work with individual students and small groups to improve their language skills
- Participate in the creation of resources and assessments
- Actively seek out ways to differentiate and personalise instruction according to the language level of students
- Support the emotional and social development of students
- Plan and meet regularly with Lead Teacher(s)
- Communicate openly with the Lead Teacher(s) regarding observations related to student progress
- Assist with the evaluation and assessment of student progress
Candidates will be expected to:
- Have Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be fluent in both oral & written French
- Have language support experience
- Be flexible, open-minded, and willing to work with initiative
- Have a warm, caring professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Endorse the school’s mission & vision, while consistently modeling its values
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and detailed job description.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by May 16, 2021. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mulgrave.bamboohr.com.