Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are now seeking applicants for the role of Advancement Database Coordinator to start as soon as possible.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Advancement, the Advancement Database Coordinator fulfills the following primary roles:
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or Raiser’s Edge NXT and perfect the data input and output process and system
- Be responsible for the administration and the integrity of the Advancement database including gift processing and receipting
- Be responsible for certain key Advancement Services including prospect research & strategy, office administration, and stewardship
- Assist in providing data-based insights for planning and implementing a diverse portfolio of fundraising strategies to support the school’s development needs
Duties and Responsibilities
Including but not limited to the following:
Database Administration and Data Analysis
- Processes and tracks donations and other fundraising activities to ensure accurate tracking and recording
- Prepares and oversees any gift documentation and prepares, tracks, and files gift agreements and other relevant gift documentation
- Manages the prompt issuance of donation receipts for tax purposes, ensuring proper documentation, in accordance with the rules, regulations and guidelines of the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Posts all donation entries to the Financial Edge system and periodically reconciles these with Raiser’s Edge
- Performs monthly fundraising accounting and pledge management
- Keeps database operational and up-to-date at all times, including constituent information, gift intentions, gift entries as well as ensuring integrity and security of information stored
- Prepares and creates queries, lists, reports, dashboards, imports, and exports for a variety of reporting, segmentation, cultivation, and stewardship projects
- Produces target recipient lists for communications, invitations, appeals and campaigns, direct mail merges and distributions
- Can operate online fundraising software to create donation forms, send and track effective email communications
- Recommends, if capable, also establishes and implements relevant Advancement procedures, systems, standards, and processes including solutions for accuracy, integrity, security (privacy) and efficiency
Research & Pipeline Management Support
- Uses online research tools effectively and updates the information in RE records
- Provides data mining and research on prospects and donors; is able to present research in end-user friendly fashion for team, leaders, and volunteers
- Works with the Deputy Director of Advancement and fundraisers to help support identifying effective prospect strategies
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge (or other Advancement CRM database) as well as Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) / Google Suite
- Sound knowledge of CRA rules and regulations
- 2-5 years previous experience in development/advancement in equivalent role
* Candidates with extensive relevant experience will be considered for a managerial position with a commensurate compensation package.
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, as well as opportunities for professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- Professional and career development/training opportunities
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal day
- Employee assistance program
- Plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues during our various social events throughout the year
- Complimentary coffee & tea
- Fitness / weight room & trainer
- Chair massages
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and detailed job description.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by January 19, 2021. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk.