Position: Executive Assistant to the Head of School
Department: Head of School’s Office
Reports to: Head of School
Starting date: ASAP
Closing date: October 15, 2022
The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting the Head of School in all areas, including Senior Administration and the Board of Directors. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who has worked at senior level as an Executive Assistant and thrives with managing key responsibilities and priorities. This individual also manages the Senior School Front Desk staff.
This individual embodies the following core competencies:
- Our core values: empathy, humility, integrity, resilience, respect, and responsibility;
- Demonstrated ‘soft skills’ – projects authenticity, has an ability to read people and to remain calm in stressful situations;
- Skill at ‘leading from behind’, an enthusiastic attitude, and a sincere belief in the Mission of the School such that they can act as a ‘guardian of the heart’ for the institution.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Thrives in a changing environment and is able to act as a ‘cheerleader for change’.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provides organizational and administrative support to the Head as follows:
- Projects a professional and friendly manner with attention to details while maintaining focus on the broad vision and the goals of the Strategic Plan.
- Ensures a smooth flow of communication between the Head and Board members, the Leadership Team, and other key members of the community; liaises with the Board Secretary.
- Coordinates the Head’s calendar; schedules and coordinates meetings; maintains the Senior Admin and Chair email accounts.
- Recording secretary for the Leadership Team; coordinates meetings, retreats, and social functions.
- Assists with communications to the broader community, major publications, updates school calendars.
- Manages Staff Handbook and ensures updates of @Where to Find It.
- Reconciles business credit card; oversees ledger accounts for Head, Board, functions, prizes & presentations, stationery, postage, copiers, etc.
- Facilitates Administrative Assistant meetings to cultivate school culture.
- Attends Booking Team meetings for oversight and problem-solving.
- Supports school-wide events by organizing and coordinating and/or providing assistance to organizers.
- Maintains specific supplies (Head’s stationery, school-crested stationery, recognition certificates, medals etc.).
Oversees and supports direct reports as follows:
Senior School Reception (2):
- Arranges schedules to ensure adequate coverage for the Reception Desk at all times.
- Monitors job duties and ensures a friendly, professional atmosphere.
- Prepares bi-weekly pay sheets; performs annual reviews and evaluations; encourages professional development.
- Ensures smooth communication between Senior and Junior School Reception.
- Ensures an understanding of the School’s Mission.
Qualifications will include:
- Extensive senior administrative experience, with ability to establish priorities & manage multiple tasks.
- Well organized and attentive to details, while maintaining focus on the big picture.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands.
- Friendly and professional demeanor, with exceptional communication skills and the ability to deal with key stakeholders (faculty, staff, students, parents, Parents Association, OBA Alumni, Foundation, Board).
- Proven discretion dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Excellent leadership skills, able to set professional standards for others.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently; self-directed; willing to take initiative to implement improvements.
- Understanding of and commitment to the School’s Mission.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google suite, and ability to learn new programs.
- Key competencies and EQ in the following areas: self-awareness, self-management, compassion, social expertness, initiative, and accountability.
Details on total compensation package
- Competitive salary
- Full enrollment upon start date in extended health/dental, pension, life and LTD programs
- Eligible for meal program daily
- Eligible for sustainable commuting program for cycling and/or carpooling
- Eligible for tuition discount program for son(s) attending school St. George’s School at 50% (child must meet all admissions criteria.)
- Eligible for closure days (on average, 7 business days per year) in addition to four (4) weeks’ vacation time
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.