Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique ‘IB Advantage’: a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
We are a strong community minded team at GNS with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens of character who will contribute to the world through their leadership, a commitment to service, and an understanding that we are all responsible for the future of our communities. We are currently seeking exceptional candidates for the following opportunity beginning September 2021:
Hours: 7:30am – 3:30pm
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- support student learning with numeracy and literacy foundation skills under the direction of teachers
- assist teachers in preparing classroom materials
- perform supervision and chaperoning duties
- support student’s academic, co-curricular, and personal growth
- participate in Nature School one day per week
- participate fully in the culture of our independent school community.
- A valid BC teaching certificate, an asset
- Experience working in a primary years classroom preferred
- Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team player
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents and colleagues
- A strong aptitude in differentiated learning styles and a passion for educating the whole student
- A commitment to integrating technology purposefully to transform learning
- A passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous professional growth and improvement.
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/teaching-assistant-48?rcid=isabc
Application deadline: Friday, June 11, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.