PYP Generalist Teacher
Elementary Teacher (K to 5)
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme
Meadowridge is an independent, co-educational day school offering an IB education to 600 students ages 3 to 17 (JK to 12), in Maple Ridge, British Columbia. We are accredited by many agencies (provincial, national and international) and we work rigorously to provide a world class education. More importantly, we seek to help children reach their potential in an environment of care where they are dignified and treated with kindness. Our mission is to “live well with others and for others in a just community”.
Meadowridge School seeks a compassionate, organized and hard-working teacher to work in our Primary Years Programme (Grades K to 5). The position is salaried and full-time (1.0 FTE). Remuneration is superior for this position and working conditions are as well. You will find our students, staff and parents to be fun, friendly and supportive of your efforts. The teacher reports directly to the Director of the Primary Years Programme.
• Plan and deliver the core program requirements for their respective grade
• Develop International Baccalaureate (IB) Unit of Inquiry that incorporate the BC curriculum
• Monitor and support student’s academic, co-curricular, and personal growth
• Contribute to our extensive co-curricular programs and committee participation.
• Commitment to the school’s mission, vision and the IB Learner Profile
• A caring professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills
• Willing to work on parallel programming with grade partner
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents and colleagues
• A strong aptitude in differentiated learning styles and a passion for educating the whole student
• Strong knowledge of inquiry-based and project-based learning approaches
• Demonstrated passion for innovation and creativity in education
• Highly reflective and committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
• A valid BC teaching certificate (or eligibility to obtain)
• Bachelor of Education
• 5 years minimum of classroom teaching experience
• Experience teaching at an independent school environment
• International Baccalaureate (IB) training and IB experience preferred
• Master’s in Education
Meadowridge School is an exemplary employer – providing a fun, engaging and supportive place to work! Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and teacher certificate, along with the names of at least two references, to email@example.com We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.