Middle and Senior School Humanities Teacher
Middle and Senior School – Full-time Humanities Teacher (Grade 7-12)
Fraser Academy, Vancouver
Fraser Academy School is seeking a middle/senior school trained teacher to cover a maternity leave. This is a full time Humanities position, including courses in both English and Social Studies. The position will cover a maternity leave from January 8th, 2018 through to June 30th, 2018.
Located in Kitsilano, Fraser Academy is a fully accredited and highly effective academic day school, specifically for students Grades 2 to 12 who have dyslexia or other related language-based, learning and processing difficulties. With a maximum of ten students per class, the school follows the B.C. Ministry of Education Curriculum. An impressive 90% of Fraser Academy grads go onto post-secondary education. For more information about the school, please go to our website: www.fraseracademy.ca.
Fraser Academy is an accredited member of the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), the Independent Schools Association of British Columbia (ISABC), the International Dyslexia Association (IDA), and the Federation of Independent Schools Association (FISA).
- Belong to a team of dedicated professionals
- Continue professional growth and development through in-school workshops, speakers, and collaborative time with experienced teachers
- Participate in field trips, outdoor education trips, athletics, clubs, and leadership development
- Collaborate with Middle and Senior School teachers to plan, teach and assess units of study
- Participate in co-curricular activities (e.g. clubs, athletics, outdoor education, leadership development and supervision)
The ideal candidate requires the following:
- Bachelor of Education, Humanities focused Education Degree, or Special Education Degree
- Certification from the British Columbia Teacher Regulation Branch or certification application in process
- Able to encourage and motivate students with a range of abilities and learning styles
- Strong understanding of thinking skills development
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates may apply via email by submitting their resume, cover letter, and three references to Erin Kline firstname.lastname@example.org. - Assistant Head of School, Teaching and Learning.