Head of PK-12 Learning Support
2330 Cypress Bowl Lane
West Vancouver, BC V7S 3H9
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are seeking an experienced learning specialist to lead its PK-12 Learning Support programme to start in August 2020.
This is a key school-wide leadership position, with significant responsibility for shaping and articulating a vision for our learning support programme, initiating and managing change, and promoting a collaborative, team-based approach to identifying and meeting the evolving needs of our student body.
The successful candidate will lead a team of 6+ dedicated learning support professionals, working across four school divisions, in developing, promoting, and implementing a student-centred approach to inclusion that helps each student achieve his or her personal best.
Mulgrave provides additional support to students with a wide range of mild to moderate learning needs and exceptionalities, through a multi-tiered approach that requires close collaboration and communication among classroom teachers, pastoral advisors, learning specialists, and other colleagues. Our Learning Support programme aims to develop students’ academic, self-management, and self-advocacy skills while promoting positive attitudes toward learning and self-confidence in the face of challenges.
As an IB Continuum school offering the Primary Years, Middle Years, and Diploma Programmes, Mulgrave offers an intellectually challenging programme of study with a strong focus on the development of 21st Century (ATL) skills. Experience with IB programmes or in a multicultural, international school context would be an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
Including but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate PK-12 Learning Support activities in order to ensure that all students with learning exceptionalities receive effective, personalised support
- Participate in Educational Leadership Team meetings and work closely with Divisional Principals in shaping the vision for Learning Support
- Work with teaching faculty to promote and support best practices in differentiation to meet the range of learning needs in each classroom
- Articulate and communicate a clear and compelling vision for inclusive education to all stakeholders, including parents
- Must be a Canadian resident and legally entitled to work in Canada or be prepared, with our support, to go through the process of applying for the appropriate visa and permissions from the Canadian and BC authorities prior to commencement
- Must meet or be willing to obtain all requirements to be certified to teach in British Columbia
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with preference given to those with a degree in Special Education or a related field
- 5+ years of school-based professional experience
- Experience providing student support (Special Education, Learning Support, Educational Psychology, or related) in an educational setting
- A track record of successful team leadership and management
The salary range for this position will be $76,000 to $99,000 with an additional responsibility stipend in the range of $6,000 to $11,000, based on skills and experience. This position will also include BC Medical coverage, health & dental benefits, tuition discount at Mulgrave and RRSP contribution. Applicants should either be Canadian and a provincially certified teacher or be prepared, with our support, to go through the process of applying for the appropriate visa and permissions from the Canadian and BC authorities prior to commencement.
Please see our website for further information about our school and a detailed job description at www.mulgrave.com.
Your resume and covering letter should be submitted to https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by January 31, 2020. Interviews for this position will be ongoing.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.