Coordinator, Curriculum Leadership
Each child holds our attention at Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS), an independent day school that is a caring, and thriving community. As one of only fourteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
At GNS, we are a strong community minded team with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding young men and women in making positive differences in the world. If you’re a creative and inspirational educator, we are currently seeking qualified applicants for the following position commencing September 2018.
Coordinator, Curriculum Leadership
1.0 FTE with teaching component
The Coordinator, Curriculum Leadership is a member of the Academic Council ensuring a high quality academic program that is aligned with the IB and BC curriculum from grades 6-12. This is a highly collaborative role that assists in the promotion and facilitation of best practices in teaching and learning across the PW campus.
- Act as the primary BC Ministry of Education liaison; be familiar with Ministry requirements including challenge, equivalency, independent directed studies, board authority courses, and advise Principals accordingly;
- Review curriculum documents & ensure BC Ministry of Education guidelines are adhered to;
- Work with the IB Coordinators to ensure curriculum documents are aligned with the IB MYP and DP framework;
- Review course outlines, teaching plans and departmental documents and provide the information necessary to Principals, MYP Coordinator, DP Coordinator and Heads of Department (HOD) to ensure the delivery of an enriched version of the BC curriculum that is coordinated with the MYP and DP approach;
- Participate in the development of teaching & learning in coordination with the HODs; provide recommendations on current best pedagogical practices and how they can be integrated at GNS;
- Assist the Principals and HODs in the mentorship of new teachers to GNS; disseminate information and lead discussion about innovative and exemplary curriculum practice;
- Provide coaching and support to the Curriculum Leadership Team that aligns teaching and learning with the GNS Professional Growth Model;
- Produce and manage the timetable, populating all courses in grades 6-12; create and maintain the “on-call” schedule (for Grade 6-12 Faculty) and the “study” schedules (for students in Grades 9-12);
- Be responsible for the coordination of course selections and class composition;
- Assist with the creation and editing of report cards and oversee the creation of school transcripts;
- Oversee all elements of planning and scheduling of student assessments, including tracking and monitoring to ensure consistency and equity in student learning experiences;
- Oversee the implementation of and provide an analysis of the Middle School FSA results to the Principals and Head of School, providing updates as necessary;
- Produce the annual Program of Studies (6-12) in collaboration with Principals and HODs;
- Create annual education report for Pemberton Woods campus (Gr 6-12);
- Support the Principals in organizing and coordinating various desired events and activities for the Middle and Senior Schools;
- Participate in the Personal Project Committee to ensure it is innovative and effective ?
- Participate in various other committees and meetings, as required;
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- A valid BC teaching certificate or eligibility to obtain
- International Baccalaureate (IB) training and IB experience preferred
- Experience teaching at an independent school environment, an asset
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of the BC curriculum and Ministry of Education guidelines
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents and colleagues
- Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team player
- A strong aptitude in differentiated learning styles and a passion for educating the whole student
- Demonstrated commitment to integrating technology purposefully to transform learning
- Strong knowledge of inquiry-based and project-based learning approaches
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
- Must be willing to take part in various co-curricular activities and participate fully in the culture of our independent school community
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/coordinator-curriculum-leadership?rcid=isabc
Application Deadline: Friday, March 23, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.