Office Assistant (part-time)
GNS is currently seeking an exceptional administrator to join our Junior School campus. This is a regular, ongoing contract working the academic year from September to June, when school is in session.
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00p.m.
Start: as soon as possible
The Office Assistant supports the Executive Assistant by providing reception and administrative support to the Principal, teachers and staff. This position provides exceptional service and exemplifies a caring, can-do attitude in support of GNS’s mission and values.
- Greet all staff, students and visitors; and promptly respond to requests and inquiries.
- Answer and direct incoming calls, emails and correspondence; sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare all outgoing mail.
- Attend to children’s First Aid needs.
- Collect forms and payments for various school events and activities and prepare deposits for Finance.
- Reconcile visa statements, prepare expense reports and track various school budgets.
- Assist with purchasing supplies and maintaining classroom /office inventory
- Other relevant administrative duties.
- Must have a friendly and helpful disposition with excellent interpersonal skills to deal with staff, students, teachers and parents
- High School graduation with a certificate in office administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in an office administration or receptionist capacity, preferably within a school environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Strong commitment to work quality
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Google suite an asset.
- Familiarity with MAC, an asset
- First Aid certificate, an asset
We look forward to receiving your resume and covering letter by Friday, November 24th at noon. Please visit the following link to apply online: https://easyapply.co/job/office-assistant-part-time-7?rcid=isabc