Electrician / Assistant Manager
Regular Full Time Position
The Buildings & Grounds department has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, self-motivated Electrician to join their team.
Position Summary Under the general supervision of the Buildings and Grounds Manager, the Electrician/Assistant Manager performs work to ensure facilities are maintained to meet established expectations in electrical, mechanical, fire and safety systems. The Electrician/Assistant Manager also provides work guidance and direction to Buildings and Grounds staff, reporting all issues to the Manager and/or Director of Finance and Operations. Depending on the needs of the school, the successful candidate will also ensure event set-ups are completed in a timely manner.
Job Duties & Accountabilities
• Provides ongoing work guidance, direction as well as assistance to Buildings and Grounds staff, security and facility maintenance workers.
• Facilitates a team approach in the delivery of maintenance functions and services.
• Performs building and equipment maintenance and repairs related to mechanical, electrical equipment, plumbing and heating systems.
• Develops and schedules preventative maintenance & repair programs
• Assists with training employees in basic electrical and mechanical maintenance, security and safety.
• Ensures and maintains standard levels of building cleanliness.
• Practices and maintains safe working conditions, as well as to assist to ensure work procedures are safe and in accordance with WCB and fire regulations.
• Sets up tables, chairs and other items as required by the school.
• Completes records and reports, as well as updates maintenance logbook.
• Other duties as required
• High school and B class electrical trade certificate with minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of materials, tools and equipment in Electrical Trade.
• Knowledge of building maintenance, heating systems, motors and motor controls and general building trades.
• Ability to provide work guidance and direction to staff.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and responsibility while working with minimal supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in communicating effectively with staff and the general public.
• Ability to work in and promote a team approach and environment.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet established timelines.
• Sufficient physical strength and stamina to perform the required duties.
• Valid B.C. Drivers Licence (Class 5).
• Experience working in a school environment and First aid/CPR certificate would be assets.
Criminal Record Check
Must pass and maintain a clear criminal record check for the purposes of working with children
Interested applicants may submit their Cover Letter and Resume by email on or prior to
4:00 pm February 16, 2017.
Human Resources Department
3400 Richmond Road
Victoria BC V8P 4P5