Director of Technology and eLearning
Position Rationale and Goal:
Provide overall direction, vision, leadership and supervision of all aspects of the technology program at Stratford Hall in order to facilitate the use of technology for improved teaching and learning for students and faculty.
Technology at Stratford Hall:
Stratford Hall outsources much of its IT department using a company called Rent-a-Nerd. Their team supports the IT infrastructure and support at the school. In addition, we employ students from the SFU COOP Programme, to work with the IT team and to support teachers and students. The school aims to offer an innovative programme grounded in the IB and the CORE Competencies of the new BC Curriculum. This includes a focus on 21st Century learning skills and the embedding of Digital Citizenship across the grades. All staff are provided with devices, which include PCs, MacBook Airs and iPad Pros. Each class in the PYP has a 2:1 ratio of iPads as well as carts of PCs and Chromebooks for students to share. From 2018, all students from grades 6-12 will bring their own device to school with the ability to download school-provided Adobe Creative Suite software. The IDEA Lab is a newly developed space focused on Design Thinking and Innovative Learning Spaces. We use ManageBac for curriculum planning and assessment, SeniorSystems as our Student Information System and Finalsite as for our school website and communication portals. G Suite is used across the whole school for productivity, communication and collaboration.
For this position, the ideal candidate should possess:
- Experience as a hands-on technology integrator, and as a coordinator or director of Educational Technology. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is a minimum requirement, though a graduate degree in instructional technology, information systems, or related field is highly desirable.
- Teaching certificate and five years of successful classroom experience
- Previously demonstrated high performance as an effective team leader/manager/supervisor
- Working knowledge of various educational, financial and administrative system applications in a PC/MAC LAN environment
- Experience managing system integration, change management and roll out of large projects
- Extensive experience using G Suite and the Admin Panel (Google Trainer and/or Innovator certification preferred)
- Experience integrating technology in classrooms using iPads. The ability to manage devices using a MDM is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (preferred)
- Experience in leading Digital Citizenship curriculum and parent outreach sessions
Please see the attached job posting for further details.
Terms of Employment:
Salary is competitive and will be determined by the Head of School in conjunction with the Director of Finance and Operations and will be commensurate with the employee’s experience and training. Working hours are generally 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Monday to Friday, with additional hours and/or days as may be required on occasion; as a Senior Leadership position, the hours and days worked correspond to the responsibilities and tasks that are required that often extend beyond the regular day. All other terms of employment not covered in this job description are outlined in the Employment Letter and/or the Employment Agreement.
Applications should be addressed to the Head of School, Dr. Sue Groesbeck, and emailed to Ms. Olivia Law at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, complete applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position;
- An up-to-date CV/resumé;
Contact details of at least three references (preferably those that have directly supervised you and can be contacted) either as a separate file or on the CV; and
- Please note that for child protection purposes, the current supervisor must serve as a reference prior to hiring, although not necessarily at the point of application.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance, however we will only contact those selected for an interview.